PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We solicit and collect Personal Information only where reasonably necessary for the proper function of our Website and/or delivery of the Services. We collect Personal Information:
- From Users – where information is solicited by us via a form, registration process or payment;
- From Users – where signing up to the mailing list, or where an enquiry or other communication is made via email or the Website;
- From Users – through the use of browser ‘cookies’ or trackers;
- In situations where information has not been solicited directly from you, and is reasonably necessary for the proper function of the Website and/or the Services; and
- In situations where information has been solicited from third-party payment services, when details of your transactions are provided to us.
ANONYMITY & PSEUDONYMITY
While you are permitted to use our Website and/or the Services anonymously or pseudonymously, you may only do so insofar as it is practical for the proper function of our Website and/or the Services.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
Any Personal Information of the type described may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- In the course of the regular operation of the Website and/or the Services;
- To respond to feedback and complaints;
- For the development of new services or products;
- For direct marketing purposes (see below for more information); and
- To understand customer trends and patterns so that we may develop marketing and/or sales strategies.
In addition to the abovementioned purposes, Personal Information may be used or disclosed for any of the Permitted General Situations outlined in s. 16A of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including but not limited to use or disclosure for evidentiary purposes in establishing or defending a legal or equitable claim, serious threats to public health or safety, or assistance in locating missing persons. We may be compelled by operation of law to disclose any information relating to you, including your identity and contact details.
Your Personal Information may be used to offer you new products and services, notify you of new developments to our existing Service(s), or any other commercial communication. By continuing to use the Website and/or the Services, you hereby consent to such marketing communications.
In all cases, unless you have opted out, you consent to us using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes in order to tell you about our services. We may contact you by email to market our products and services.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, you may opt-out by contacting email@example.com. We will always give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications.
THIRD-PARTY AND CROSS-BORDER DISCLOSURE
From time-to-time, it will be necessary for us to share your Personal Information with third parties in order for you to fully utilise our Website and/or Services, including third parties outside Australia. We take all reasonable measures to see that these entities will respect your privacy in line with the Australian Privacy Principles or their international equivalent.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES:
ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may, in writing, request that we provide you with items of your Personal Information. You do not need a reason for making such a request, however you may be charged for reasonable expenses that we incur in preparing and sending you a copy of your Personal Information.
We will take reasonable steps to see that your Personal Information collected and stored is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please ensure to provide your correct and up-to-date details where required by us.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or unauthorised disclosure. We will take reasonable steps to see that your Personal Information is protected while stored by us, and de-identified once no longer required.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If there is a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation of us then, in our sole discretion, we may transfer, sell or assign Personal Information collected to one or more relevant third parties.
QUERIES & COMPLAINTS
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Alpine Cycling Club
For further information on your privacy rights go to: www.privacy.gov.au.