Become a club member

There are 2 ways of becoming a member of the Alpine Cycling Club – membership is valid for 12 months, January 1st to December 31st


    1.  If you are not interested in racing

  •  Use our online portal through “Nominate Clubs”
  •  You can sign up as a Junior (<19) $5, Senior $10 or Family $25
  •  If you decide later on that you would like to race – you will need to purchase a racing license through Mountain Bike Australia (mountain bike racing only) or Cycling Australia (road racing only)

Alpine Cycling Club Membership only, at this link: NOMINATE. (this is not a race licence and provides no insurance coverage)

    2.  If you intend to race

  •  Road racing licenses are purchased through Cycling Australia (CA), refer to this link – Cycling Australia membership details
  •  Mountain bike racing licences are purchased through Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA), refer to this link – Mountain Bike Australia membership details
  •  Both of these options require that you join an affiliated club at the time of purchase – the Alpine Cycling Club is affiliated with MTBA and CA and you can join and pay for membership into our club during the online license purchasing process (note however that there is no Family membership option when joining via MTBA or CA)
  •  If you wish to have both Road and MTB racing licences, the most cost effective way is to first purchase the CA licence, then go to the MTBA website and purchase a “CA Value Add Licence” – this can reduce the price of the MTBA licence significantly
  •  Note – if you have already paid for Alpine Cycling Club membership using Option 1 above, and then during the same calendar year decide to purchase a racing license – both CA and MTBA will require that you join and pay (again) for Alpine Cycling Club membership at the time of their online race license purchasing process (this situation is not currently rectifiable). We can provide you a refund to cover the second payment, just contact us.


Insurance Coverage

Membership into Alpine Cycling Club does not give you insurance coverage of any sort.  To achieve coverage, you will need to take out an additional membership with either Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA) or Cycling Australia (CA).  Both MTBA and CA have recreational licences, which are significantly cheaper than racing licences, you do not have to race to get coverage.  Please refer to the website links provided above at Option 2.

The Alpine Cycling Club also recommends Ambulance coverage – refer to the Ambulance Victoria website for details.


Athlete Sponsorship Program

Find the formal policy to guide decisions around club sponsorship of club members to compete in championship events and to undergo official training HERE.


Leave a Reply