The 2017/18 Junior MTB Race series kicks off again on Saturday 11 November with an XCO style race on Roger Packham and Rotary Pines tracks.
- Saturday 11 November 2017 – XCO – Roger Packham / Rotary Pines
- Saturday 16 December 2017 – Enduro – Mystic Landing Paddock
- Saturday 20 January 2018 – XCO – TBC
- Saturday 17 February 2018 – XCO – Beechworth
- Saturday 3 March 2018 – Gravity Enduro – Grevids & Gorilla Warfare
- Saturday 24 March 2018 – XCO – Mystic Landing Paddock (stay for celebration BBQ and presentations)
The Junior MTB Race Series is a great way for junior riders of all abilities to have a go at racing in a fun and friendly atmosphere; courses are set to be suitable to different age groups and whilst some will be racing to beat their mates, others will be there just to have a go and maybe win a lollipop.
For the second year, one of the races will be held at the Beechworth MTB Park, a great opportunity for Alpine riders to ride different tracks. All juniors are welcome to race our series, and we are always happy to have visitors come along to our events.
Series prizes are sponsored by CyclePath Bright. Registration is $10 per race or $40 for the series of six races, online registration is preferred at
*all racers must have current MTBA membership or purchase a day licence.
6 years old and under $10
Our aim is to keep the group sizes at 8-10 junior riders with one or two leaders so we always need extra adults to help out on our rides – if you are interested in helping out, please email jennycorser@alpinecyclingclub for details. Ride supervisor information can be found here.
Results for the Bright round of RAMBO are available here:
Find the formal policy around club sponsorship of club members to compete in championship events and to undergo official training HERE.
Club memberships are now available online, head to the link below for more detail –
Alpine Cycling Club wish to recognise the efforts and aspirations of our young members.
The Alpine Cycling Club Junior Athlete Award will support one junior rider each year to further their cycling goals in any discipline of the sport.
The rider who is granted the Award will not necessarily be the best rider but one who demonstrates good sporting behavior, enthusiasm and commitment to the sport.
The Award will support a rider up to the sum of $1000 and may include the following:
- Membership of peak body (MTBA or Cycling Australia)
- Club Kit
- Up to $500 for professional coaching or skills development
- Up to $200 for entry to races
- CyclePath Bright will also donate 4 bike services plus parts to the value of $250 over the 12 month period
Expenses will be paid by the club or reimbursed to the athlete – athletes will not be given a lump sum of cash.
The Award will not be used for purchase of bikes or equipment.
The athlete will commit to
- demonstrating good sporting behavior and being a positive role model to other junior riders
- wearing club kit at races
- liaising with Award coordinator about a program of events to be undertaken
- representing the club in a minimum of two state or national level events ie. Victorian Schools Cycling Championships (VSCC) ; National Championships; National Series; Victorian Championships; or Victorian Series in the discipline of their choice
- participate in at least four additional races in the discipline of their choice
- submit reports and photos of their activities on Bright Cyclist and Alpine Cycling Club Facebook page and for publication in the Club’s newsletter and website.
- be featured in media promoting the ACC and the Award program.
To be eligible for the award you should:
- be a member of Alpine Cycling Club
- be aged 13 – 18 years
- live within Bright and surrounds (including Porepunkah, Harrietville, Wandiligong)
- have been riding in your chosen discipline for at least 2 years
- present your goals and plans for your riding future
- demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the sport of cycling
- not already receive sponsorship to pursue your riding goals
Applications open on 1 May 2017 and close on 1 July 2017 – the winner will be announced at Alpine Cycling Club Annual General Meeting at the end of July.
Each application will be considered by the Executive Committee Alpine Cycling Club. For more information, or to apply using the attached application form, email email@example.com
The schedule for the Riverina Alpine Mountain Bike Open for 2017 has been released. For information on events, visit RAMBO 2017.