Alpine Cycling Club wish to recognise the efforts and aspirations of our young members.
The Alpine Cycling Club Junior Athlete Award will support one junior rider each year to further their cycling goals in any discipline of the sport.
The rider who is granted the Award will not necessarily be the best rider but one who demonstrates good sporting behavior, enthusiasm and commitment to the sport.
The Award will support a rider up to the sum of $1000 and may include the following:
- Membership of peak body (MTBA or Cycling Australia)
- Club Kit
- Up to $500 for professional coaching or skills development
- Up to $200 for entry to races
- CyclePath Bright will also donate 4 bike services plus parts to the value of $250 over the 12 month period
Expenses will be paid by the club or reimbursed to the athlete – athletes will not be given a lump sum of cash.
The Award will not be used for purchase of bikes or equipment.
The athlete will commit to
- demonstrating good sporting behavior and being a positive role model to other junior riders
- wearing club kit at races
- liaising with Award coordinator about a program of events to be undertaken
- representing the club in a minimum of two state or national level events ie. Victorian Schools Cycling Championships (VSCC) ; National Championships; National Series; Victorian Championships; or Victorian Series in the discipline of their choice
- participate in at least four additional races in the discipline of their choice
- submit reports and photos of their activities on Bright Cyclist and Alpine Cycling Club Facebook page and for publication in the Club’s newsletter and website.
- be featured in media promoting the ACC and the Award program.
To be eligible for the award you should:
- be a member of Alpine Cycling Club
- be aged 13 – 18 years
- live within Bright and surrounds (including Porepunkah, Harrietville, Wandiligong)
- have been riding in your chosen discipline for at least 2 years
- present your goals and plans for your riding future
- demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the sport of cycling
- not already receive sponsorship to pursue your riding goals
Applications open on 1 May 2017 and close on 1 July 2017 – the winner will be announced at Alpine Cycling Club Annual General Meeting at the end of July.
Each application will be considered by the Executive Committee Alpine Cycling Club. For more information, or to apply using the attached application form, email email@example.com